By Ken Urban
Directed by Adam Fitzgerald
With Jeff Biehl, Jocelyn Kuritsky, Miranda Jackel, Dee Nelson, Maulik Pancholy, Andy Phelan and Lori Prince
The set is on fire.
The flood waters are rising.
The interrogation is starting.
Are we better off asleep?
Three strangers - a devoted son, an Eastern European actress and a Canadian man on the run - awaken to discover they are connected by a mysterious corporation. Faced with lives they no longer recognize, they must confront a shifting reality of secrets, strangers and unmarked doors. In a world in which it's easier to close our eyes, Ken Urban's heart-pounding new play asks: Is it time to wake up?
Click Here to view photos of The Awake set.
An artist-run company that develops, presents and produces relevant and exciting new work.
Our mission is to:
- Maintain a team of artists-as-administrators to run a theatrical producing organization.
- Present the work of living playwrights, both established and emerging, to a New York audience in a side-by-side collaboration with each playwright.
- Create a nurturing environment for our artists as they pursue their individual careers.
- Promote artistic, ethnic, cultural, social, economic and sexual diversity.
- Bring affordable theater to our communities.
Read more at: http://www.kefproductions.com/the-awake.html
"Extrodinarily ambitious! Ken Urban's words are poetry!" - The New York Times CRITICS' PICK
"Splendid - Three engaging stories uncoil artfully!" - Village Voice
"Urban is a writer with powerful theatrical imagination, and here he gets a first-class showcase, led by three stellar performances!" - Lighting and Sound America
"An unconventional and thought provoking evening in theatre - Go see The Awake!" - Manhattan with a Twist
"Innovative, well-conceived, well-played, compelling, and highly recommended!" - Blogcritics.org
"Terrific - excellent acting and eminently topical!" - www.womanaroundtown.com
"Urban is brilliant, provocative and gushing with talent!" - OC Weekly